Here are a few ways that trust can be eroded:
- Sugar coating information.
- Discounting skills and talents of those you work with.
- Blaming others when something does not go as planned.
- Speaking negatively about others when they are not around.
- Keeping pertinent information to oneself vs. sharing broadly.
- Breaking commitments without early and clear explanations.
- Making presumptions about others without sincerely listening to them.
- Being focused on winning at all costs / being determined to get even with someone.
- Not recognizing when you are excluding someone / justifying when you exclude someone.