Data gathered by EY found that just 38% of American workers trust the company they work for.
In addition, they saw:
- Just 46% of U.S. workers have a great deal of trust in their colleagues and
- Only 50% trust their boss.
One of the most important lessons I have learned in life (there are many) involves several components:
- The way I see and interpret the world is vastly different from that of other people.
- Other’s view of things does not negate my own, but often enhances it.
- Some of the best solutions are found by contribution of all authentic perspectives.
- Humility and grace are often required on my part to remember this and encourage others to speak.
- And maybe the most difficult of these components for me: Sometimes I need to change my thinking, openness or approach (hence the need for my own humility).