How do you foster trust?
- Own your contribution to an issue / mistake.
- Do what you are responsible for as best as you can.
- Acknowledge and leverage the strengths of those you work with.
- When issues arise / mistakes happen and are acknowledged, course correct.
- When unsure about something said or done by another person, go to them first to discuss (being curious without blaming can be very effective).
- Hire leaders who possess and know how to identify high integrity in others / Do not accept leaders who break integrity.
- Be truthful (this does not mean “brutally honest” but delivering and communicating with “accuracy and rightness”).